Happiness is Overrated

Today was The Family Day in Canada. I did not do much but spend my time with my amazing family. It was really nice. I made food. I grilled chicken, my brother ordered chow mien. It`s so good. My mom and my sister did all the dinner setting. It was probably one of my favorite dinner time with my family but for Bueno de familia is like family day every day. What do we do? On Family Day, many people plan and take part in activities aimed at the whole family. These include visiting art exhibitions, watching movies, skating on outdoor ice rinks, playing board games and taking part in craft activities. Some communities plan special public events, and art galleries and museums may have reduced price or free entry. As the weather is usually very cold in February, hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies are popular snacks. Other people use the long weekend as an opportunity for a short winter break or to travel to visit family members or friends. As Family Day falls on the same date as National Heritage Day, some people use the day to explore their personal heritage and family history. Family Day was first held in Canada in the province of Alberta in 1990. It is supposed to reflect the values of family and home that were important to the pioneers who founded Alberta, and give workers the opportunity to spend more time with their families. Family Day was introduced in Saskatchewan in 2007 and in Ontario in 2008. One of the reasons for introducing Family Day was that there was a long period when there were no holidays from New Year's Day until Good Friday.

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed your family day from one Canadian to another ! Hahaaha I always develop photos at Wal-mart where you work [I sounds like a creep, I know] I need to introduce myself one day...it's awkward going there knowing I follow your blog ahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Srry, but that is really creepy S-:

    nIcE bLoG (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bloggergirl7! thanks for reading my blog and following my blog. i would love to meet you one day. you don't seem like a creeper at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for following my blog queni!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting Game